Opening of the Energy Conversion and Renewable Energy Centre
New Energy Conversion and Renewable Energy Research Centre of The Szewalski Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery, Polish Academy of Sciences has been opened on the 17th September, 2015. The Centre is located in Jabłonna, near Warsaw and is the outer division of the Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery in Gdańsk. The Centre is the most modern research complex dealing with the use of renewable energy in Poland and one of the most modern in Europe.
The Centre provides a framework for carrying out IMP PAN's research projects and projects carried out in consortium with other Polish Academy of Sciences' institutes, universities as well as R&D entities closely related in terms of energy conversion from renewable resources. One of the main objectives of the centre is to conduct research on strategies in the development of renewable resources, renewable and unconventional energy sources, biofuels, ecological effects of energy conversion and implementation of new technologies from the field of new and renewable energy resources and energy storage.
The research infrastructure of the Polish Academy of Sciences Research Centre "Energy Conversion and Renewable Resources" consists of five laboratories which are complementing each other:
L1 - Solar Technology Laboratory
L2 - Micro-Cogeneration Plants and Ecological Boilers Laboratory
L3 - Wind Energy Laboratory
L4 - Safety Engineering Laboratory for Energy Generation
L5 - Integrated Plus-Energy Laboratory
More detailed information are availeble in the brochure.
- MARE-WINT Book released: MARE-WINT New Materials and Reliability in Offshore... (12.09.2016)
- South Baltic Center of Offshore Wind Energy BALTECO (29.09.2015)
- Floaters ‒ Game Changers for Offshore Wind? (26.03.2015)
- Wind turbines take to the skies to seek out more power (05.03.2015)
- Longer Blades and New Materials Affecting Wind Industry, Report Says (03.03.2015)
- Norwegian, Australian Scientists Collaborate on OW Foundations (27.02.2015)
- Offshore Wind Cost 11% Lower, Report Says (27.02.2015)
- Siemens to Present Cost-Cutting Innovations at EWEA Offshore (27.02.2015)
- Photos MareWint Felllows at XII Baltic Science Festival (07.06.2014)
- Corrosion Develops System for Offshore Wind Turbines (30.05.2014)