Offshore Wind Farms - From Planning to Decommission
5th MARE WINT / EuroTech Technical Workshop / Training Course. Monday 21st - Friday 25th September 2015 Held jointly at WMU—Malmö, Sweden & DTU Wind Energy—Roskilde, Denmark.
This combined Workshop and Training Course will consider the technical aspects (Planning, Installation, Operation and Decommissioning) of an Offshore Wind Farm. As well as detailed lecture presentations from research and industry experts, there will also be guided tours of the Malmö Port Authority, the Middelgrunden Offshore Wind Farm, the DTU Wind Energy mechanical test facilities, fabrication laboratory, blade (and drive-train) test hall and the Risø research turbine. There will be an opportunity to network across the various wind energy specialisations, and adopt a broad view of the industry allowing a contextualisation of the specific research and technical challenges.
This workshop / training course is open to all PhD Students, with priority given to MARE WINT and Eurotech Wind fellows. 2,5 ECTS points can be awarded for participation. Some places may be available to non-students with particular interest in this area, please contact the course organiser for information.
The course notes, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunches, workshop dinner and guided tours are all included as part of this lecture series and workshop. The workshop participation fee is 250EUR.
A General Information Package for the Workshop, including the finalised week plan/schedule, will be issued to all registered participants in August.
- MareWint project workshop (13.02.2015)
- Technical Workshop on Finite Element Method (30.05.2014)
- Mare-Wint Team Buliding Workshop (30.05.2014)
- MareWint Complimentary Skills Workshop (30.05.2014)
- Mare-Wint Mid Term Review Meeting (30.05.2014)
- Marie Curie Graduate School (23.05.2014)
- Workshop on Distribution of Energy and Wind-energy (24.01.2014)
- Structural Health Monitoring of Military Vehicles (21.01.2014)
- Germany: New Energy Husum to Hold 3rd Science Slam (17.12.2013)
- WINDFORCE Baltic Sea (05.12.2013)